The Top Five Foods for Diabetes
Diabetics can dramatically improve their sugar levels by changing their diets and adding some key superfoods to help balance the insulin levels in the blood. The following are well researched dietary changes that can help diabetics, and those who have fluctuating insulin and sugar levels due to poor diet and perhaps stress.
1) Cinnamon: you only need about 1/2; teaspoon daily to help balance out your insulin levels. It can easily be added to your cereal or fruit, or sprinkled on top of your latte. This helps those who have diabetes and those who are border-line. Also, for those whose blood sugar levels tend to fluctuate during the day, a sprinkle of cinnamon is a natural way to help.
2) Lean Protein: which helps balance the carbohydrates and sugars in your diet, in turn, slowing down their metabolism of the carbs and helps balance your insulin levels. This can be lean chicken or turkey, legumes and beans.
3) Healthy Fats: will also help to slow down the digestion of other foods and helps again to balance your insulin levels. This includes things like avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, seeds and nuts. These can be added to salads or other meals quite easily.
4) Low Carbohydrate Vegetables: avoiding the starchy vegetables such as carrots and potatoes, which are higher on the glycemic scale and can raise your insulin level. Much better to have the leafy green vegetables which have a lower glycemic index and also contain fiber, which helps reduce your insulin levels.
5) Onions: contain chromium which is the natural mineral that helps our insulin be more efficient at balancing the blood glucose levels.
So if you have diabetes, know there are natural ways to help. Good food choices are a good start. Take care of your health and you can live the vibrant Vita Life!
To Your Health & Wellness!
Dr. Janine Bowring