The Top Ten Cancer Fighting Foods
There are some foods that have ingredients that can fight your chances of getting cancer. These are easy to include in your daily diet.
1) Green Tea: Green tea has epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and catechins, which help stop the growth of cancer in the body. I suggest 3 & 5 cups of green tea daily.
2)& Dark Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) contain ellagic acid and other polyphenol antioxidants that inhibit tumor growth. They are potent cancer fighters and can be added to yogurt, salads, smoothies, etc.
3) Kale: has the highest ORAC value of any produce and contains beta-carotene, lutein, folate and zeaxanthin & all of them powerful antioxidants that can block early cancer development. Kale can also keep your liver clean of toxins that surround us in the air and water every day. Kale is easy to add to a salad or can be juiced for a refreshing beverage.
4) Broccoli (and other cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower and collards) are rich in anti-cancer properties such as diindolylmethane, sulforaphane and selenium. The best way to eat these vegetables is raw or steam cooked for three minutes. Broccoli can also reduce the bad estrogen in the system.
5) Tomatoes: The tomato's red colour comes from a phytochemical called lycopene. They are particularly known for preventing prostate cancer, as lycopene tends to concentrate in tissues of the prostate. These properties are optimized when cooked, as in tomato sauce. For example, when you combine broccoli with tomato sauce, you have a strong anti-cancer food.
6) Cinnamon: tends to regulate blood sugar levels and I recommend taking it daily, on top of cereals or yogurt. Other spices, such as Ginger, has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and can slow cancer growth. Turmeric, the spice that forms the base of most curries, is from a root in the ginger family and the curcumin in turmeric has anti-cancer and anti-tumor properties.
7) Garlic: is not only a natural antiobiotic but also has anti-cancer and anti-tumor properties. It's effective both raw and cooked.
8) Goji berries; come from Tibet and have powerful antioxidants that can take away the destructive power of free radicals that damage cells. They are available dried at some health food stores and can be added to many meals.
9) Grapes, particularly red grapes: which contain more resveratrol, which is anti-cancer and anti-aging. Red wine, in moderation (one glass a day), has been found to be anti-cancer and heart-healthy. Grape juice has similar properties. If you're going to eat raw red grapes, I recommend organic grapes, as many pesticides are used in grape production. If you can't find organic, make sure to use a good vegetable cleaner and wash them thoroughly.
10) Pomegranate: has many nutrients and contains antioxidents that protect our skin and reduce the effects of sun damage on the skin. They contain punicalagins, which are good for cardiovascular health as well as being anti-cancer and anti-tumor.
By eating these foods, you maintain a high level of optimum health. My Vita Fruits and Vita Veggies contain several of these foods: VitaFruits contain Moringa oleifera leaf, Pineapple, Acerola cherries, Goji Berries, Acai berries, Pomegranates, Prunes, Bilberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Cranberries, Apples, Grapes, Papaya, Green Tea(50%EGCG). VitaVeggies contain; Aloe, Kale, Garlic, Spinach, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Beets, Red Bell Pepper, Tomatoes, Carrot, Green Tea(50%EGCG).
So it's easy to get all these high antioxidant foods into your diet daily. Choose the right foods and we can live the healthy Vita Life. It's all about making the right choices for your health, which is always in your hands.
Please comment below or ask any questions you may have about menopause. I answer all of them here. Let's keep the conversation going, you can subscribe to the VitaTree YouTube show and keep receiving all our latest health tips. We can all live the healthy Vita Life!