Top 10 Natural Fertility Boosters
There are ways to naturally boost your fertility in your daily life, that are simple to do.
1) High Orac Containing Fruits: such as acai, pomegranate, etc. in their raw form contain important antioxidants that quench the free radicals we're exposed to on a daily basis. These free radicals can impact your fertility. I found that many of my patients who were having problems conceiving didn't consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. I created my VitaFruits to make this simple to fix, I know that most of us lead busy lives and don't always eat enough raw produce.
2) High Orac Containing Vegetables: such as kale, spinach, broccoli, etc are just as important. They contain the same antioxidants to fight those free radicals. My VitaVeggies, when combined with the VitaFruits, gives you an extra 7 servings of raw produce daily. All in easy-to-swallow capsules, natural and with no toxins or fillers.
3) Maca (Peruvian Ginseng) is important for female fertility, as it helps to balance the hormones. The estrogen and progesterone balance is critical to fertility and my VitaWomen's Formula contains Maca as well as other natural ingredients, to make that balance possible, with no side effects.
4) Omega-3 Fatty Acids are important as an anti-inflammatory, which helps with fertility. It is also critical for the fetus, once you're pregnant, to feed the growing baby. As most of the fish in the world is contaminated, the best way to get these important Omega-3's is with my VitaFish Oil. I designed it with a higher percentage of DHA to EPA, for DHA is that critical Omega-3 component that feeds the brain and spinal cord of the developing baby.
5) Probiotics are important to keep not only the digestive tract, but the vaginal tract healthy as well. Women should be taking probiotics on a regular basis as they try to conceive. Not all probiotics are created equally, the majority are based on cow or soy flora. I created VitaTree Probiotics based on human micro-flora, to maximize the benefits.
6) Drinking plenty of water: it's important to be properly hydrated with a good quality alkaline water. This helps flush toxins out of your system so I recommend 8 glasses of water daily.
7) Natural nuts and seeds contain both protein and essential fats to keep the blood glucose levels balanced. There is good fat in nuts and seeds and they make an excellent snack, in small portions of course.
8) Protein: whether from an animal or vegetarian source, is important to eat enough protein to maximize your fertility. Protein contains the essential fatty acids that you need and gives you the energy required, not only to get pregnant, but to maintain a healthy pregnancy.
9) Red Raspberry Tea: has been considered a tonic for the uterus for centuries. It keeps the uterus walls strong, not only through conception, but to carry a baby to full-term. Once pregnant, we lay off on the red raspberry tea, usually until the last trimester. Then it is safe to consume it again.
10) Coconuts help balance both insulin and hormonal levels naturally. It keeps our fertility in check. All you need is a small tablespoon daily, you can also eat the coconut fruit or drink coconut water, which also contains electrolytes.
Once again, it is my belief that the natural solution is always the least harmful and the one that does the most for your body. Your health is truly in your hands. Pick the right solutions, the natural solutions. And life the healthy Vita Life!
To Your Health & Wellness!
Dr. Janine Bowring